Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wot we bought at Eastercon

We're back!

We had a fantastic time - we met loads of authors, organisers, other bloggers, reviewers, journalists, a few publishers and we got to meet up with old friends and familiar faces. (I'll post a bragging list later on and do a bit of an Eastercon Redux but first it is time for tea and a movie to "unwind").

I am a definite fan of Eastercon - what a genuinely well put together show by the organisers. I am just glad that next year it is due to be held in Heathrow (I think) - which means a lot less travelling. The drive there was incredibly easy but very long and Mark acquitted himself very well getting us there and back.

Naturally we went a bit insane when it came to the dealer room. I took these books with me to get them signed:



And I managed to get them all signed...except for Tony Ballantine's Twisted Metal...which is fine, as we get to go to FP to have it done.

And then these are the books Mark and I came back with!

Notice: 1 x first edition of Yarrow by Charles de Lint, 1 x first edition of Emma Bull's War for the Oaks (both published by Tor), an amazing copy of Starship Troopers by Robert A Heinlin. A hand delivered copy of Oisin McGann's Strangled Silence (and signed by him).

No comments: